"Story Lady"

Friday, June 30, 2017

Sourdough Wars

I receive emails offering titles to read that are so far removed from my everyday that it's fun to check them out.  I read Sourdough Wars by Julie Smith.
Heaven knows what I'll be entertaining myself with next.

Wednesdays are my longest days.
By the time my puppy & i get home 
we attend to creature needs
(our cat will be waiting for us)
and chill 
Last Wednesday I watched
It was classy, the music was great, the art spectacular
and it had dignity.
A sweet nightcap
after the fur family had treats, of course.
Pupster and her friend
Our next door neighbor pup visits often.
He comes to play in our yard, have cookies, drink water, check out the cat . . . 
He simply knows he is welcome
My girl always wants him to stay.

They are happy kids.

love & love,
-g-





10 comments:

Tom said...

..."Southside With You" looks GREAT, it sure beats what is playing now in DC.

Monkeywrangler said...

Oh here is a book you should check out! "The Book of Barkley, Life and love thru the eyes of a Labrador Retriever" by L.B. Johnson. You can get it through Amazon. If you enjoy it, you might like her other two books, "Saving Grace, A story of adoption", and "Small town Roads".

Tanya Breese said...

sourdough wars makes me hungry for my grandpa's sourdough pancakes! they were the best! i think southside with you is available on amazon, i want to see it, it looks good...love the dogs together, they look so happy!! have a great weekend and thanks for linking!! :)

Lea said...

Beautiful dogs!
Have a great week-end!

Snap said...

Beautiful dogs. I've been trying to read more non-fiction books. It's been like going back to school and I'm really enjoying it! Keep those little grey cells working! Ha! Happy Friday!

Mascha said...

The dogs look so friendly, my cat is in a neverending war with neighbors cat, when she comes to visit us... sigh!
Today have photographed a bench too.
Enjoy your weekend

Su-sieee! Mac said...

This series of Julie Smith's was among the first series I got hooked on way back when I decided to read mystery series with a female protagonist based in the San Francisco Bay Area. I loved being able to visualize the actual settings where the stories took place.

I wish Molly the Cat would be friends with cats who happen onto her grounds rather than chase them away.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Sourdough Wars? I tried to find out what it was about, but no description at the end of your link. Thanks for the very interesting post.

Tomoko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomoko said...

Such beautiful dogs!They have a good neighbor too!!
Happy day to you.