"Story Lady"

Friday, March 25, 2016

Wild Things

 1.  Attended an Orchid Show

 2. Melissa gave me this camera a loooong time ago

 3. Nancy Inspired me to use it . . (and maybe improve)

 4.  This is Mr. Franklin Bumble - 
He may be small-ish -But He is Mighty - 
and Insists he can be the wildest thing of all

New photos of Spike Jones and the City Slickers have emerged.
This photo has seen better days
but it's still a fun peek at their silly selves
My daddy is in the front row
(w/trumpet)
They are wearing their "Union Suits"
(it's a fun story - that got lots of press in "the day.")

love & love.
-g-

8 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

i love that old photo...looks like they had a lot of fun! what gorgeous orchids and mr. franklin bumble is adorable and looks very fierce! thank you so much gor linking up this week and have a wonderful weekend :)

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Orchids are a favorite of mine....
And the story behind the City Slickers would be a GREAT read I'm sure!! Did you ever share it all at any point on your blog before? Looks like a fun, fantastic, group.

Tom said...

What, no Spike Jones video...what a gas that would be. I never had a union suit, but I knew about them. Small and mighty is good. Enjoy the day.

Latane Barton said...

I am so happy that Melissa gave you that camera. Just look what you can do with it!! Happy Easter, friend.

Mascha said...

Orchids are the princesses under the flowers...
I've seen at youtube a few videos of the City slickers - what a fun!
Happy Easter

PS: Dancing ban is only for Discos and events, I can dance through my home or through the meadows, whenever I want...

TexWisGirl said...

too cute on the photo. well, mr. franklin bumble, too.

bettyl-NZ said...

What a great variety of shots. It's really good to have friends who help you along with the things you like.

Lynn said...

Mr F. B. is too sweet, love the old photo, we've a similar band here, but our village men dress up in silly coloured wigs and wear pompom skirts, they are in all events, make everyone smile and tap their toes to their music.