"Story Lady"

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

such a silly

I was in the grocery store
just a couple of hours ago
 had the few items that generally find their way in to the cart
then
Suddenly 
 began to miss my "foster mother."

went to the baking isle and found "evaporated milk."
she used to put it in her coffee

 (I am a coffee drinker because I loved spending time with her - 
It's true that i drove her a little bonks - 
still, many of the things I am, and do
are because of her)

I could not remember what brand of evaporated milk she preferred.
Another lady recognized me in the store, after greetings were shared i explained what i was doing with an arm full of evaporated milk cans.

My friend offered her best guess brand
still, i brought home several

Now, here's where it gets silly..
I found LOTS of can openers,
but, not the "right kind."
guess you know what I'll purchase tomorrow?

Silly - yep

Love Can Be Like That.

Happy New Year,
love & love,
-g-


5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww. sweet memories. i have one of those types i'd lend you today if i could. :)

Amy at love made my home said...

Yes, you need the right kind of opener. My parents had one, different to that one, but the right one. I wonder where it is now. Hope that it brings you great memories! xx

Su-sieee! Mac said...

What's love without being silly. Have fun on your quest tomorrow for the can opener. Hugs to you.

gypsys1st said...

Carnation of course. H-E-S-T-L-E-S- spells the very best.

Aodhnait said...

Amazing how types of food can remind us of loved ones.

I hope you got the can open with the correct opener!