"Story Lady"

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Send In The Clowns pt. 1

I have been visiting doctors since the first part of June.
Things were scheduled around school and story time because
well, because
end of June, i begin to cough
simple enough
BUT
the COUGH takes on a life of its own
and changes from week to week - day to day
it gets bad
I say to health care professionals
"This Cough is causing problems"
My voice squeaks, It becomes hard to breathe
I cough during surgery once, so, the procedure is stalled until the cough is controlled
I visit my primary care doctor
i can barely talk - my heart is beating like an angry tribal drum
My Primary Care doctor gives me a mask
it is now three months
and First day of School
I start the class, a substitute teacher is brought in
i walk to the emergency room
to learn i have pneumonia

go figure

send in the clowns.

(yes, properly treated, life is good)




8 comments:

Enie Dub said...

Hope you get well soon!

Sending positive vibes your way from Ireland ;-)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, dear! hope the antibiotics and all can kick it out!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

The Husband and I had a cough like that several years ago. It took a long time to get rid of it. He had it worse. I'm a believer in spitting. Get some good sleep, too. Hugs to you.

Monkeywrangler said...

Oh my! Do take care of yourself Maggid! I hope you get well soon.

Cloudia said...

yes, it can take a while to get the right diagnosis - I know.


Get well soon






ALOHA
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=


Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh I'm sorry. It is a miserable thing. I hope you feel better soon.

Amy at love made my home said...

Take care of yourself. Hope that you are much better soon. xx

Mascha said...

In a children's book with us is a "Omniscient Doctor" - real, I have not found him yet... and normally the doc take only 2-3 minutes for one patient, sigh (the English word patiently comes from patient, isn't it?)
Get well soon and have some enchantments

I was still in a blog break last friday and only today I read this.
(I have many worries about my ill cat and not money for a better vet to make the right diagnose - )