1. Years ago i was in this region on the 4th of July.
The small town parade i saw was delightful, but the weather?
i still recall the searing, heavy, humid heat of that day -
it was even challenging to breathe . .
rain gear and sweat shirts are a common sight - it's cool
(in the 60's)
with lots of rain
what a remarkable difference.
2. Peaches are in season . . and wowzer, they are good.
3. I took yesterday off . . . now i feel rested and ready to go. (yippeee!)
4. This lady stands in the yard of a picturesque church within walking distance of the Market/Cafe I'd traveled to Illinois to visit. I poked my camera through the fence to get this remembrance of her. It was early in the morning and no one was about -
she was there to offer a welcome.
5. Wishing all of you a terrific week end.
love & love,