"Story Lady"

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Today at Story Time

Yes!  It's Tuesday 
Story Time @ Subterranean Books
and
What a Terrific Time it was.
We had regular friends, new friends,
singing 
AND
Three Books.

I really need to tell you about two of them,
ONE is a Gorgeous
PICTURE BOOK
titled
"JOURNEY"
by Aaron Becker

It's super imaginative, 
it's also the best kind of story, the illustrations had all of us leaning forward, open jawed. enjoying details on every page AND - there are no words, so the viewers got to tell us what was going on, and the name for things as they decided.  There is an adventure, directed by a young person who decides how the story will proceed using a pen.  I don't want to give too much away - I hope you'll take time to stop by Subterranean and enjoy those pages in person.  

The Other Book i wanted to tell you about made us all laugh.
It's
"I Yam A Donkey!"
by Cece Bell

the cover tells us there's a 
"story, picture and bad grammar"
and that's true
AND
You won't be disappointed.
How's YOUR "Hee-Haw?"

I hope you stop by 
let me know how you like our picks of the week

love & love,
-g-

ps - Subterranean Books altered their Tuesday Time especially to accommodate Story Time.
Store opens at 10 AM - story time is from 10:30 to 11:00 a.
always free,




2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that second one looks about my style! :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I like a good hee-haw!