"Story Lady"

Friday, June 05, 2015

Five

1. Last week i adventured downtown to the TUMS factory.

2.  I read Michelle's Post before i started typing
and decided i should add some music this morning
(giggle)

3.  There is a freelancers business called Upwork.
Yesterday they offered a webinar to acquaint anyone interested
 with their process and tips on how to begin.
(hope this is handy for some of us)

4.  I watched the song sparrow family 
try to coax their little feathered babies out into the world.
It took two days . . the parents demonstrated . . sang . . . 
did some fancy and impressive flying maneuvers . . can you believe it?  
I missed the actual moment and now . . poof . . they are off again.  
I can't decide if they want me to leave the wreath they made home, or get them a new one . . or . . ?  sigh  - I'm going to miss them.

5.  

love & love,
-g-

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

smiled at you missing the actual fledge, but isn't that how it goes? :)

Mascha said...

Always a big stress for sparrow parents... (and I'm trying to keep the cat away from the place of the show - )
Have a nice weekend

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

It always amazes me how fast little birds grow up.

Leovi - La Fotografía Efectista Abstracta said...

I like that poster with the letters of food!

Rose said...

The birds grow up so fast! I would say they want a new wreath, but I have been wrong on more than one occasion.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Tweet, tweet. Do they make Tums at the building? I like seeing how food and stuff are manufactured, both in person and on TV. Thanks for the tip on Upwork. Tweet, tweet.

Marie C said...

Those Tums signs are a hoot! Loved the song sparrow story, encouraging the babies to fly! That's always SOOO sweet! I love it!

Ida said...

The Tums factory has some interesting & colorful signs.
Oh sad that you missed the actual fly off from the baby birds. I'd leave the wreath, maybe they'll use it again.

Ida said...

Oops.....

I'm late with commenting due to company & the weekend. Here is my link: http://wishesdreamsandotherthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/friday-fun-june-5-2015.html

pattisjarrett said...

We have a pair of Song Sparrows, and I adore them! So far this year they've raised a Brown-headed Cowbird. Last year, they ended up with two of those, and one baby Song Sparrow. I only see them one at a time, so maybe she's still on the nest.

Tanya Breese said...

the tums factory, huh, i never knew about that! have i ever told you we used to live outside of springfield? bummer about missing the big bird event, darn!! thank you for linking up and hope you are having a super week!

Tanya Breese said...

the tums factory, huh, i never knew about that! have i ever told you we used to live outside of springfield? bummer about missing the big bird event, darn!! thank you for linking up and hope you are having a super week!