"Story Lady"

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Story Times . . . .

Through May i have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Morning Story-times
each one different,
each one is happy making 
Today (Tuesday)
which is a super spiffy independent book store in University City
with a small collection of tiny people & guardians
I choose books right off the shelf and we take them for a "test drive"
Today, they were so marvelous, I simply had to share
first:
The Tree House that Jack Built
golly, it is colorful, enchanting 
we ALL loved it
and dreamed of living there
it ends up being a great going to bed book
later, a friend sent me a link to a tree-house in Tennessee
wow.
second:
a Board Book - it offered colors
and had characters I did not remember
it's been a really long time since I read the original books,
so, i get to go back and review . . 
it was good

we sang songs, had a giggle fest and read a third book:
Okay, yesterday was Seuss B-Day
this book actually felt timely
it rhymes.
it counts. it is over the top fabulous,
maybe for a little older than the children today
BUT, we still loved it
AND
It taught about sharing
so, the end got a story lady approval - 

I realize i do not often share
BUT, today 
well, the books just made me happy.



3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i can feel your glee through this post. :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

This was the first time I paid attention to Dr. Seuss's birthday. I'm glad I did. There are so many books of his I have yet to read. And, I need to find my favorite story -- Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb.

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

ok, i am still laughing at those pair of underwear ... i am thinking i have to check out these books. you gave me some great suggestions. so fun!! ( :