"Story Lady"

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Advent Report . . (giggle)

You are so kind to me
you noticed my heart was searching 
I was offered border collies,
 then, 
the rescue group who did not think i was right for their tall puppy,
checked references and suddenly changed their minds
They offered me the girl I'd gone to meet
and also asked me to consider
any of their dogs
which was a compliment

Okay, YESTERDAY - i traveled the region telling stories and singing songs
the company that hired me was very generous
which was perfect
because 
Today, my new friend,
who will be VERY TALL,
arrived
from Oklahoma
and is sure to need some gear

(introducing Mia)

You are all so kind
and generous
I feel as if you ARE my friends and family
I am Grateful
and 
I suspect You are All Angels.

love & love,
-g-


ps - this was taken moments after arrival.
so the people who sent her could see she's here.
Notice the puzzled look on her face?
Early this morning she had a bath, was put in a crate with a sibling,
and delivered, via transport  
into my arms.

We've been together four hours now, She knows how to ask to go outside,
and she knows how to rest
right here by my side

bet you were gonna ask:
she is 10 weeks old
her bother was traveling to the other side of the state
someone must have been waiting for him like i was for Mia


happiness.





6 comments:

Enie Dub said...

Adorable!

Enjoy every minute with Mia!!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, goodness delivered in fur! :) adorable little one! congratulations to both of you!

Dawna said...

So cute!

TexWisGirl said...

(the hobo symbol was a cat, wasn't it? in this case, i'm guessing the birds just look for scattered seeds...) :)

Monkeywrangler said...

Wonderful! May the two of you find many new stories to share, and interesting places to explore! I am so happy you have taken Mia into you home and heart.

Terri Buster said...

Oh wow- what a gorgeous pup- and lucky you to be her new fur mom!