"Story Lady"

Monday, May 19, 2014

Rings on her fingers . . . . (part two)

Years ago i was regularly booked in a hotel that had metallic wall paper
that reminded me of upscale bathroom walls
and a blue spot light
here it is,
years later
I have a flu blue spot
and a carnevale
which has NOTHING to do with what i want to share
except, the photo reminds me of interesting times
and shows me
I am still working.

What i want to tell you amazes me.
It's about those rings
You can't see them very well,
but i am wearing the first ones
so this is, maybe, two weeks ago
I am super self conscious
Although, once i open my mouth to sing
I don't think about anything else.

people, if they say anything, 
remark how gorgeous the rings are
they want some

These rings were designed to be attractive
so people would wear them

Yesterday i was wearing a full set of rings
(I only have one, maybe two more to purchase, my therapist will let me know)
I was singing in a church
for and with people i have known for many years
when the service was over a gentleman walked up to me
and reached for my hands
His wife was standing next to him with a HUGE Grin
He asked, 
"Do these help your fingers?
As soon as i saw you I said to Mary,
 LOOK!
her hands are straight!"

Mary, his beautiful wife nodded.
he gently stroked his thumb across the silver
and added,
"Your hands look great, it's like a miracle!"

I'm not used to them, yet
BUT, already
many people have been inspired.


the Universe is very good to me.

love & love,
-g-





2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

just wonderful!

Sharon Wagner said...

Blue part two indeed.