"Story Lady"

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Caught Myself . . .

is it possible i'm the slowest learner on earth?
right in front of me
there's a wonderful map
all i have to do is follow it
i don't even recognize the fear

i get invitations to do what i'm supposed to be doing
i balk
hide
it's weird.
I ask for guidance

then pretend i don't know what's going on

I NOTICED TODAY
(bet a quarter I didn't "notice' a thing
bet an angel is cheering so loud i can't miss it anymore.)
I remembered a hospital story
it was right at the turn of the century
I started to refuse
treatment intended to save my life
the miracle-working doctor
turned around and asked me
"what are you afraid of?"
I "heard" his voice again today

again, perhaps an angel

and, suddenly realized what I'd been doing
and
that i was wasting time
and
perhaps i should return to mySelf
certainly
you learn lessons
at a much faster pace.

love & love,
-g-

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am glad you had an 'aha' moment, g. i do not think i learn any more quickly than you. :)

TexWisGirl said...

(i adore your comments. you are so gleeful and kind!) :D

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sometimes we learn the hard way.

Nancy Claeys said...

Tough love is a good thing. :)