"Story Lady"

Friday, April 12, 2013

Kayak

I asked myself about "K"
Immediately I thought "Kayak."
When i live in Lake Tahoe I got to rent a kayak and glide across the beautiful water.

I have a friend who loves to kayak so much
He'll rent a large vehicles and a kayak
even when he's at a conference, just in case there's time to enjoy himself on the water

AND
I remember first reading about First Nation people hunting whales
and, if they needed to they could roll completely over while seated in their kayak
(I read everything by Farley Mowat i could get my hands on.)

thanks for visiting,
-g-

11 comments:

Buttons said...

Love that shot. I would love to try kayaking but am afraid of the rolling over part:) B

Enie Dub said...

I visited Lake Tahoe a few years ago. Amazing - there was an earthquake while we were in Squaw Valley - literally felt the earth move!!! Later we drafted down the Truckee river which was a big thrill.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I would like to try kayaking some day. It does seem so serene.

Monkeywrangler said...

I miss my old sea kayak...we had to sell our boat gear when we moved to Texas. They are a lot of fun!

Lynn Proctor said...

i don't kayak or anything like it--but recently i told frank, that i thought walmart had some really cute ones, and i wouldn't mind riding around with one on top of my car, am i superficial ;)

Maple Lane said...

It would be great fun to kayak!

Ornery's Wife said...

My sister in law has kayaks and lives fairly close to a lake. She loves it so much her online name is Kayakess. Happy K day!
tm

Me said...

Loved that shot! So beautiful! :)

Tami Von Zalez said...

I've gone kayaking down the Rouge River and that is a blast!

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Farley Mowatt.. beautiful writer. Just magnificent. :) Beautiful pic.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I've done kayaking twice and enjoyed both trips. You're post has me wanting to do another kayak trip. Maybe this time, I'll paddle my own kayak.

Don't be a Hippie
Take 25 to Hollister