"Story Lady"

Friday, March 02, 2012

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
           -- Chinese Proverb


Question Everything
Question Everything (Photo credit: dullhunk)
I know, i know - we are always told there are "No silly questions," right?
But, speaking for myself, I DO feel dorky
when asking a question . . . 

Maybe NOT in a classroom
BUT
I'm pretty inquisitive
and often I'll be asking a very simple question
about something I've just discovered.

What's marvelous
is the countless people who answer, without reserve - 
so many wonderful people willing to share
keeps me willing to feel foolish time & time again 




Question Mark, I think
Oh, and the treasures I find
when people answer
are priceless


2 comments:

missknits said...

i love this! great reminder that its ok to ask! i myself think it is part of who we are as human beings to constantly ask and question and seek.... it makes us grow every day to be better.... the day i stop asking is the day i die....

Crystal Mary said...

Funny, but I don't ask a lot of questions unless I am assessing the person for some reason.
Ray had a great one word answer for questions..
He says,"Why."
"Ray will you come here please?"
"Why?"
"Did you see the news tonight?"
"Why"

It can be so maddening Georgie, but a clever way to get out of not answering... "Why." LOL
Love Ya!
And it stopped raining ..we have a reprieve.. But the weather warnings are for more..
How much more can we take I wonder?
Floods Floods, rain and rain..now they say a cyclone tomorrow,, our basement is awash with water..xx