"Story Lady"

Monday, May 30, 2011

 
 
People are all over the world telling their one dramatic story 
and how their life has turned into getting over this one event.
Now their lives are more about the past than their future.
            -- Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters, 1999

Finally We Are No OneImage via Wikipedia

Have you done this?
I have.
I hope to be finally past it-
well, honestly,
I think i am finally clearing this phase
Or
maybe i can just see the clearing in the distance

A Clearing. A sunlit clearing in Ladymuir Wood...Image via Wikipedia

I hope NEVER to allow this
living in the past
overtake me again.

Of course, in managing this
I get to accept
and fully embrace
my new reality

(whatever that may be)


We are not posing - honest.Image via Wikipedia


Then again,
haven't you been with me
all the while

me claiming over & over
I needed to get a new life???



So, to borrow a sales phrase

Just Do It.

Thornbury Castle chimney detail: brick chimney...
love & love,
-g-
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Clarence Heller said...

I think it's about intentionally choosing to live life, to lean into life rather than stay stuck in the past or even the present for that matter. So I think more in terms of integrating the past rather than forgetting it, and from my own experience, I am not certain that there ever can be complete, total healing. Finally, it looks to me that you are "Doing it" - the first step is to embrace the desire.