"Story Lady"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dreams that do come true can be as unsettling as those that don't.
            -- Brett Butler

Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.
            -- Carol Burnett

Last night I attended "Jacob's Pillow" at Neve Shalom.  Rabbi James Stone Goodman and The Conventicle of Intentional Musicians - it was terrific.  We learned about Ariel Bension, "the last Jewish Sufi" - the music (as always) was inspiring - and i returned home with a mental image, a spiritual promise of sorts, of an elevator with a door that opens once every 19 years - and the operator will ask  "who you would like to study with this day?" . . . . The choices, perhaps, seem endless . . . 
so, i have some time to think it over while i wait for the door to open.

Zohar, El - Ariel Bension














Love & Love,
        -g-

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

This sounds terrific. I need to read about Ariel Benison.