"Story Lady"

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Taking Every Opportunity to Begin Again

Happy New Year

May it be a Year of Peace
May Everyone in Egypt return home to a great home cooked meal
and re-think how their new nation can happen
with no one else being hurt

Okay, I'm a Dreamer
I'm STILL trying to hang in there
I'm Still Striving towards Optimism.

How are You doing?

I found several quotes that speak personally to me today.
I'll share,
maybe you'll have something to add.

I can't believe this is as far as I'll get,
I've sure had plenty of roadblocks thrown in my way.

have you, too?
Do you feel hopeful
Frustrated?
Discouraged?

Okay - Quotes:

The great thing in this world is not so much where you stand,
as in what direction you are moving.
            --Oliver Wendell Holmes


Sure are a lot of wise people - or a lot of wise sayings out there.
Ever wonder if we could write this kind of thing, even if we feel we're floundering?

Okay, checking my "direction."

Sad disposition due to virus - phooey

Fortunately that doesn't last so very long.

I DO have a challenge beyond coughing, sneezing and the need for continuous napping, though.
I've been trying to overcome it nicely,
I've asked people for help

They TOLD people their opinion 
but did not help
phooey

I'm NOT going to share that - I'm going to tell you this -
because it's
YEARS OLD
AND
ENTIRELY OUT OF DATE
but similar - it's the kind of thing public people sometimes face.

Since being relocated to this part of the nation
I have volunteered free concerts to help organizations
 working towards a common good

We'll say - from 1982 - to 2000

at the turn of the Century
I became ill
(the big kind of hospital - will she or won't she make it kind of - oh my - ill)

When organizers called to book me,
I had to admit i wasn't strong enough
I literally couldn't sit, sing and play a guitar at the same time

Many of these people
Were Rude, Angry, Told me off

I was still on chemotherapy
and radiation
and
just wasn't physically able

and - had no family support here, so I ended up being seen as a horrid, selfish person.
That's the life of an
"Outsider."

Let's try the next quote, okay?

Acceptance is not submission; it is acknowledgment of the facts of a situation. 
Then deciding what you're going to do about it.
            -- Kathleen Casey Theisen

Some of you have been keeping me GREAT Company along the way.
You're used to me looking forward to a "New Life."

I thought I earned it - when I earned my "new title."
Some other people decided it was their opportunity
and have been rough with their brand of attempted 
"hostile take over."

(Some people just haven't a clue how to enjoy their own lives - 
they gotta try to destroy something )

I have a question for you
What do you do in these circumstances?
OR
What are your favorite wisdom quotes - 
the ones that inspire you in the face of sad looking odds?


Wait, i need a picture - just for happy inspiration . . 

Look!  It wasn't a "picture" - it's a quote from my old blog "Heavenward."
I really like this one, don't you?
I could just stop here, work with this idea and visit you again tomorrow with some 
exquisite new inspiration that has me ready to start fresh . . . 
Well, i WOULD, maybe - except i had one more quote.
 
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
            -- Henry David Thoreau

There it is, then
You know i like Thoreau a lot.

Okay, okay - what if our circumstances look different on the outside
that's just surface stuff, right?
Material World Stuff

Inside
we are Eternal
made in the IMAGE
of the Eternal.

So, since I get to redefine
(or, could it be we are being 'refined?')
Then, I'm still me
only better - or MORE ME

And All the Hopes, Dreams
It all still applies

I'm feeling better already.

I'd sure like to hear from you.

And, even if i don't

I want to THANK YOU
for being my friends

AND
I want to tell you
I LOVE YOU,
-g-

Be Well
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Carol said...

If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you. ~Pooh~

Carol said...

I am feeling overwhelmed lately....but I am feeling which means I am alive. ....and that is a very good thing. Hang in there! You are never alone you know.

Buttercup said...

I can't pick a quote...just too many come to mind. I love the Thoreau quote you picked and Carol's quote, too. Though Wordsworth keeps going through my mind..."We will grieve not, but rather find, strength in what remains behind." And in the back of my mind..."And in the end the love you take is equal to the love that you make." Sending hugs and prayers!

TheNote said...

Thank You, Thank You BOTH -
These are super ideas to keep us all going
To give our best
to "Shine Back the Night."

Grateful to you both,
Sending Love,
-g-