"Story Lady"

Friday, January 07, 2011

Love & Love

Society finch in loveImage via Wikipedia
"Love is the central flame of the universe . . . the very fire itself."
--Ernest Holmes

It's a funny thing.
I used to do concerts.
I would address the audience as "Children"
and i would tell them
"I Love You"
they were often offended by this
I would hear about it in angry tones
backstage, or on the streets.






Now i am silver headed.
Concerts have been renamed and revived.
when i say
"I LOVE YOU'
 responses are varied.

is it they've been through so many adventures out in the world
 they have some kind of world dust covering them 
that keeps them from remembering?


How about you?
I often sign my messages to you
"love & love,"
and i mean it.
How else could it be?
I'm learning how to share adventures with you
I look for your responses, i look for your commentary, your letters to me
with great, joyful expectancy.

Anyway, i agree with our quote,
Love is the flame (or the glue)
of the Universe


Emerson said: "We have a great deal more kindness than is ever spoken."

Happy Day to You!
Love & Love,
-g-
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi G....

I have always loved your sign off 'Love & Love', makes PERFECT sense to me.

I always tell the people I love that I love them too and I agree responses are varied. Some that I guess never thought about loving me back seem puzzled at times, but by the second time I have said it to them I guess they have given it some thought and say it back.

Reminds me of the quote: "Say the right thing, in the right way, at the right time, in the right spirit.

I love YOU! Your CCC C

Nadya Avila Chant said...

I like your use of "Love & Love" as well. Your post reminds me that while I regularly tell my mother that I love her, I have not told my father that I love him since I was a child. I DO love him and we have an excellent relationship, but I suppose I never tell him because he's never said it to me. I'm going to try this week and see what comes of it, how he reacts. I suspect he knows I love him, but all the same I'd feel bad if something happened to him and I hadn't said the words. Thanks for your insightful post!

fluid-static said...

Georgy -

I grew up with a cassette of "The Prince of Everything" tucked in my bedroom stereo. When you told your story of dreaming about God ("dad") and His stained glass windows, I was so overcome with a sense of rightness in the whole story - its simple tone, its humor, and your compassionate, happy delivery - that I played that section of the tape over and over again until it warped and broke - I was fourteen. I had that tape in my stereo almost constantly from the time I was eight, because I felt that my affection for God was understood, celebrated, and shared.

It never occurred to me, then or now, that referring to your audience as "kids" or telling them that you love them could be offensive. I always felt a rush of comfort and happiness whenever you referred to your on-tape audience as "Kids," or when they laughed in their grown-up voices and sang with you.

I felt loved. Thank you for that.

I love you - Love and Love - God Is.

- Harmony

TheNote said...

What a beautiful gift.
Many Thanks
Love & Love,
-g-