"Story Lady"

Friday, December 24, 2010

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
            -- Maureen Dowd

Be fit for more than the thing you are now doing.
Let everyone know that you have a reserve in yourself;
that you have more power than you are now using.
If you are not too large for the place you occupy,
you are too small for it.
            -- James A. Garfield
 

Am i too small?  Certainly there is MUCH MORE for me to do.
Usually i feel either lost or a failure.  I try to cheer myself by singing, "I'm not lost, i am exploring!"
Then, i try to remember it's not about me - so "suit up, show up" and the Holy One will take care of the rest.  


Is it the same for you?  Are you still reaching for your most possibility?  What or how are you doing?
Got tips for the rest of us?  Any of us feeling self-secure?  (If so, how did you manage this?)


Are you taking stock of the year past?  Are you looking expectantly towards the the year ahead?
Are you like me - doing this several times every year?


Want to share best times?


Sending LOVE,
g

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

I love the quote from Maureen Dowd. Thanks for a great post.