"Story Lady"

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quote from Henry David Thoreau on Library Way ...Image via Wikipedia
[Water is] the only drink for a wise man.
          --Henry David Thoreau  


I type this thought in, while enjoying a cup of coffee . . 
with cream . . . 
perhaps i can't claim myself wise, hm?


He that can't endure the bad, 
will not live to see the good.
            -- Jewish Proverb

I once had a friend who would call late at night, almost every night.  She was excited about a television program called "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman."  Try as she might, she could not get me to watch it - but, it made her laugh so hard, she just HAD to share.  So, besides seeing the wisdom in the thought (quote) above.
It also makes me think of some of the quotes I'd hear over the phone (long distance, back in the day long distance was a huge communication investment . . . )

"Tell me the one about the silver lining again, it's my favorite."  - - - from "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" - via my friend.


I have a chum experiencing a challenge - I don't know if it comes under the heading "BAD."  But, it IS concerning . . AND - today, may of us are dealing with an ice covered world - an inconvenience compared to what many people on earth have faced and over come.

I think about the Truly Challenged often.  (Like right now) - i pray for them and wish them well - and remember, as long as i still grimace about that television show i never saw - I have nothing to complain about.

Sending out Warm Smiles today,
g
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful! Sending YOU warm wishes and safe steps.

MUCH Love to you! CCC

Crystal Mary said...

Hi Georgy, I am a big advocate on drinking water and do drink alot, it helps detox the liver as well as washing the kidneys...However, tongue in cheek...I drink about 3 cups of HOT tea with milk every day and about 4 coffie a week...cannot seem to knock that habit! Your friend sounds lovely..My best friend lives in Tn and we are visiting again in February, it will be wonderful, I miss her sorely..I love that pen quote you have also. Soo True.
The bird on my blog is a kookaburra...the bush clock that wakes us up every morning at about 4:30am.. with its crazy laugh.
And....When I saw the g signed on the comment you left me...I instantly thought your name was Georgia?? seems like I was far wrong? Amazing.. Hugs