"Story Lady"

Monday, December 13, 2010

EpictetusImage via Wikipedia
Know, first, who you are; 
and then
adorn yourself accordingly.
            -- Epictetus

I hope dress code and goodness do not necessarily reflect one another.  i mean, i know some exceptional people who dress impeccably.  I think they must wake up well tailored in the morning.  Since it hurts my mind to shop, or be like anyone else, I always seem to present in a backwards sort of way.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm clean and covered - but, all the rules of fashion are completely ignored.  The only time in my life i ever looked "ordinary" was during the modeling period of my life, which was blessedly short.  Then someone dressed me, did hair & make-up
and  I showed out for the time allotted, then promptly ditched the facade and got back into my hiking boots, jeans and baseball hat -
golly, that was way back - last century.

Isn't that fun to say, "Way back last century?"


love & love,
g

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
            -- Mark Twain
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Carol said...

Did you get your boots?

I LOVE your style!

Lorraine said...

Thanks for commenting on my Nameplate. I have lots of fun creating my artwork!