"Story Lady"

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thomas Szasz 0482Image by zsoolt via Flickr
Men are afraid to rock the boat in which they hope to drift safely through life's currents,
when, actually, the boat is stuck on a sandbar. 
They would be better off to rock the boat 
and try to shake it loose.
            -- Thomas Szasz

Since this is a "Story Time Morning,"  
I have 'my kids' front and center in my thinking.
First i think, "Row, Row,  Row Your Boat"
Then i think,
"Merrily We Roll Along."
THEN
Life as i have experienced it comes to mind
and
rocking the boat fits perfectly.

Although, I've used another phrase for it all my life.

When I seem stuck or stagnant
I insist to mySelf:

"When In Doubt Do Something."

I Trust the Holy One can put me on the right track
as long as I'm (not only willing but)
moving out.

A little like Abram
(not that I'm in his mighty league, but still the story is there for us to learn, right?)
The Holy One says,
"Go Forth!"
promising that as Abram does
Great Things will happen.

So, I "Do Something"
Trusting the proper corrections will be made in the journey
and I'll end up exactly where 
The Holy One
designed.

On the way to Story Time this morning
I think I'll sing quietly to mySelf,
"rock, rock, rock the boat"
Maybe I'll sway, as if the bus ride is an ocean going craft.

Why not?
There might be a greater possibility waiting . . . 

Sending you Love,
g
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Carol said...

Somebody has to rock the boat! Keeps everyone on their toes. I too enjoy rocking the boat!

Love ♥ CCC

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love the poem--I need the reminder! I'm a great believer in possibility--and sometimes more convinced of possitility in other than in me. I'm very conscious of the fact that I can't swim!

I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I was deeply touched by it.

Many blessings.