"Story Lady"

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hard work spotlights the character of people: 
some turn up their sleeves, 
some turn up their noses,
and some don't turn up at all.
            -- Sam Ewing


Oh, is this speaking to me?
I can't count the times
I've stood backstage re-thinking my choices.
I used to tell myself, 
if i was too frightened to walk out in front of the audience,
I could always become a Laundromat attendant.

Oh, you'd be surprised how much i enjoy laundry,
in fact, i have a couple of loads going as I type.
I've often though a Laundromat  would be a stellar place to work.
It does seem I've been designed for another purpose, though.

I often consider not showing up.
Really!
I get to a gig
and then think I'd like to go home now.

BUT
I believe my job is to 
"suit up and show up"
I figure the Holy One has a plan
and is responsible
so, eventually the fear is overcome
I enter/engage in the situation
and 
afterwards
It always seems to turn out

Good
and
Very Good.

I hope you decide to 
show up, too.
It's gonna be worth it.

love & love,
g


3 comments:

missknits said...

hmmm i love this! seems something i need to remember more often! - "show up" as i am trying to more and more these days...

and you, my friend, have a magnificent purpose in this life! not one second has been wasted on you! :) ♥

TheNote said...

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.
love,
g

Carol said...

I am showing up! Got my suit on!

♥ C