"Story Lady"

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peace Can Be Tricky

I learned this in the last few days.
I keep thinking about it -

I realize, when i was a solo artist, I could pick up my guitar and sing whatever song i wanted. I could hire great musicians to make the musical selections sound full and alive and wonderful.

That way - Peace Is Easy.

Musicians - for the most part - can gather, and play with no other issues -
That way, Peace Is Easy

But, a week ago tomorrow - I found a hic-up in the Peace Process.

I learned that - on a tricky day - (Or a trickster day) - One Musician can do okay - but, two could start a song and disagree on the key OR the arrangement -
Three Musicians - could discuss for an extended time - exactly which song, key and/or arrangement - and, maybe NEVER actually play . .
worse yet, when you least expect it, one or another could disappear . . .

I admit, when its a Lewis Carrol Story,
disappearing cats that leave nothing but a grin behind are VERY COOL

Disappearing musicians - is concerning -

NO MUSIC - is harder to handle . . .

Yep

Peace is Tricky

Still - It won't keep me from trying, it won't keep me from believing, I"ll watch for the "tricky" days - and rejoice in the PEACE-Filled days, moments, hours . . when i catch one (moment, hour, day) I believe I'll try to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out - maybe like a favorite sweater - the way I'd do if i wanted to wrap it around me AND a friend . .

Yep. I'll try to s-t-r-e-t-c-h those Peace Moments out far enough to cover the world.

love & love,
your maggid

No comments: