"Story Lady"

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Doh!!!!!

I'm having a silly day, i guess . . well, what else is new, hm?
I COULD have taken photos of my adventures - had trusty camera in my pocket all the way -
I meant to show you Broadway Bean and my wonderful friends there . . .
but, NO! I goof off being myself -
and don't think of taking pictures until i return home - and find birds waiting . . .
First, I have to tell you this day is filled with Light - and plenty of Miracles . . .
even if i didn't stop the flow to take a picture . .
well, of course, you can't expect Spirit to stop and pose . .right???
SO - the first shot
(meant to be the final - but I loaded in backwards. . . oh, giggle,
now you know I'm happy . . but not perfect . . right?)
So, back to the little tree.
I call her "Crabby Appleton."
I sing to her in a REALLY LOUD VOICE -
which, I'm sure the holy neighbors appreciate . . .
at least, if they can hear my voice, they know where I am, right?
So, in the summer, on a day that was bright and brutal in the sun, little Crabby Appleton was sitting in a tin planter - with a sale sticker on her - in the middle of a fenced off portion of one of my favorite hardware stores.
It wasn't looking so good for her - the heat and lack of water was beginning to show.
So, she came to live in this yard.
Golly she's pretty.
This is her first winter here . . .
I'll keep singing - at least once a day - so she knows I'm cheering for her . . . AND - I have several bird feeders up - so she has constant activity around . . I hope it helps her do whatever baby tress need to do in winter.

Oh yeah, I couldn't decide which quote i most wanted to share - so . . here's the first one:


He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much.
-- Bessie A. Stanley



I didn't take a picture of every feeder . . . just this one, which I decided to call
"feeder number one"
but that name is just for today -
I never really named it . . just wanted to give it an official title for today.
It sits right outside of the "prayer porch" which is screened in.
It's cold here today,
AND -
I'm spoiled, so, "official prayer" is taking place INSIDE until further notice . .
except, I pray "unofficially" all the time - and that happens just about everywhere i go . .
but, you knew that.


Next Quote to Share:

The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
-- Dee Hock

Isn't THAT the truth?
So, I'm working on a couple of things
One is a class for next year
And it's based on this kind of thinking

Even if you can't come learn with me
(although you are certainly invited)
You COULD decide to try out
the idea of clearing out old ideas
In order to Live a Personal Best Life . . .

Just a Thought


There they are!
Bird-feeding Feet
Aren't I silly?

Maybe you don't remember
because it WAS a long time ago now
BUT - these feet were told they'd be in a wheelchair
Well, no - I was told to expect my life to be shortened dramatically
and that the remaining time on earth would be in a wheelchair -
that would include these Bird-feeding Feet.

Well, the wheelchair just didn't look cute enough
besides . . . we are supposed to have beautiful feet delivering Light
(always a "georgy interpretation")

Unless there was a Basket,
Colorful Ribbons in the Spokes,
and Super Spiffy Bell
I wasn't getting in the chair.
(color that a BIG PERIOD.)

Well, whatever - enough about your maggid.

I always love hearing from you.

AND
Whatever you are Celebrating
(because I'm sure you are celebrating)
May it - and ESPECIALLY YOU

Be Filled With Light

love & love,
g

3 comments:

Carol said...

You make me smile!

Carol said...

Hi G....

Me again! I have a sun porch on my home. My neighborhood is 58 years old and most of the homes have removed the porch and have built an addition. I LOVE my porch, I do a lot of praying and meditating on my porch too. I am now going to call it my 'prayer porch'. I have a sign up that says "Life is better on the porch". It all makes sense now.

Love to you my friend! Carol

missknits said...

loved this post! was just the smile and pick me up i needed! hoping you had a most blessed christmas!