"Story Lady"

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Bollywood Movies . . .

I really enjoy Bollywood movies. Well, okay - not ALL Bollywood movies, I prefer ones with a strong spiritual undercurrent and plenty of dancing. I like to jump up and pretend I'm dancing along with them. You know me, i dance along to muzak in supermarkets. Life seems plenty joyful to me. Anyway, yesterday i watched a movie (they are translated so i can understand what the actors are talking about) - and, in the process of meeting his true love, a gentleman (who was once a thug) learned about Gandhi. The character learned so much that Gandhi-ji appeared to him and helped him transform his life, bringing marvelous changes to the people in the story . . it was grand!!! So, I was not at all surprised when my cyber-friend (meaning I only know her through her internet offerings, but i love her just the same) Karen Chase posted this quote at the bottom of all her story-gifts:

"If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children."

Mahatma Gandhi

You might want to visit her: http://karenchace.blogspot.com/

Love & Love,
g

No comments: