"Story Lady"

Friday, September 11, 2009

nine eleven - and always - i love you

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it. Plan more than you can do, then do it.
-- Anonymous

The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
-- John F. Kennedy

Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go.
-- Sylvia Robinson



Other peoples words lifted me over the wall
Lifted me over the debris of what was before

Before, i thought I had everything
I thought it was wonderful
Shiny
Beautiful
I thought it was part of what was good in the world.

That before was blasted to bits

On gentler days I think - what was - got worn out
Either way - it's gone now
Only rubble
Finally I've learned to look up - listen to the Sound of Hope
Notice what IS here

For a long (too long) time
I walked around in the debris

There are untrained beasts lurking in the debris
Waiting to take anyone who tarries there . . . .
We can no longer afford to stay

Other peoples words helped me
Other peoples smiles guided me
Led me gently

Now i find myself in good - NO STELLAR Company

Thank you, Carol and Melissa and Donna
Thank you R. Goodman and Shapiro and Talve
Thank you CRC
Thank you friends and companions
Thank you for every smile, hope and dream -
Thank you for every Evening soul (spark, light)

Wild beasts? Either tamed, or left to the heap -
They belong to another light, I suppose

For me - for the rest of us
We move Higher -
Learn of even Greater Beauty
We Heal - and Love One Another
We sing our songs, tell our stories,
and yes,
We make this a much
Better World

on 9/11 and always
I love you,
g

(your 21st Century Maggid)

1 comment:

Carol said...

That is so beautiful! Tearful beautiful. Much love to you G today and always! C