"Story Lady"

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mine . . . ALLL Mine . . (giggle)


Yes, of course, Rose Is Rose by Don Wimmer & Pat Brady

In summer, the song sings itself.
-- William Carlos Williams

One More Consideration
Well, maybe one or two thoughts . . .
It's finally beautiful outside and I am SO Grateful. In one moment I'm off to turn in my page turners card at the library. (Hurray!) And, I hope beyond hope I can get to the Gardens tomorrow to see the Lotus Flowers in Bloom and i hope I'm not too late, since the bulletin went out a day ago.

Here's the cool consideration.
When we judge, we set up a boundary between us and the judged.

When we judge harshly, we are only pointing out things we do not like about ourselves.

I gotta think about this a while.
If you have ideas - feel free to share them - I think I understand the basics concerning this Principle, but want to dive deeper . . perhaps you have the key.

Happy Beautiful Monday!

4 comments:

missknits said...

i always felt like, who are we to judge. it is not our job, our duty, or our place and reason for being here to judge others. We are not the ones who have that right, no one does. Only god can judge when the time comes. We should be here to love, accept, comfort, and experience one another and all we can offer each other in all our differences. for, without our differences that make us so unique, how would we ever know change, and continue to grow as people.

TheNote said...

Thank You!

Carol said...

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Judging others for some can be a form of entertainment. I know of people who love to people watch. What is more fun than watching people they say? There is also the golden rule: do as to others as you would have, others do to you. Glass houses and the golden rule go hand in hand. I just posted this on my blog the other day.

"Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others, it will be used to measure how you are judged. And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying, `Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log from your own eye, then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye."

Matthew 7:1-5

I have caught myself (unfortunately) in judgment of others at times, in every instance it is something I do not like about myself. Matthew says it best.

TheNote said...

Awesome Stuff - thanks for the help.
love & love,
g