"Story Lady"

Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday - Monday

I was studying about some people who were airlifted from Ethiopia to Israel.
They remembered they were part of the Tribes of Israel, and did the best the could to stay connected to their religious practices. When they arrived in Israel, the people there question if these Ethiopian families were "Jewish Enough." One of the things this group of people did was to add an extra festival to their worship.
It was called the "Festival of Drums." Somehow, that celebration caught my imagination
and I wondered how it might have been, this "Festival of Drums."
I'll keep looking for an "official" document, but in the meantime, today I heard two terrific groups
"Raw Earth" and , Joia.

It might not have been Ethiopian OR Jewish - But, it was great, percussive, joyous and holy.

wish you all could have been there.

No comments: