"Story Lady"

Friday, May 08, 2009

Keep Quiet (who me???)


Wow! So many things are shifting
changing
I'm from California but, until recently I never considered myself a surfer.
We all learned to "body surf" in summer when we were kids
and how to sled in winter
Lately events have taught me there's Spirit Surfing, too.

This morning I walked out to check the baby tree.
When I moved in, it had already planted itself in a big pot that someone had left behind during their moving process. It was just a tiny thing. Last fall it was so big I figured it was time to give it some real earth. Out of the pot, into this swirling blue marble of a planet we share.
Look at it this morning!!! Almost as tall as me.

I wonder what it all seemed like to the beautiful baby tree.
Did it trust?
Was it scared?
Does it have those kind of qualities in it's composition as living entity?

I don't suppose trees know much about surfing,
although this one did surf, in a way, across the yard, out of a pot, into the ground.

I worried over it through fall and winter.
Looked like it went into shock, leaves blacked and fell off.
It's doing good now.

Suppose it will be the same for me.
AND
If it will for me
Will for you, too

Because, when something Good happens - it happens for Everyone.

"A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards."
(Proverbs 29:11)

1 comment:

missknits said...

beautiful post! and i think that tree surfs all the time, its leaves and branches constantly surf in the air and the breeze! It surfs through life each day, living and breathing. Maybe not a fast surf, or a fast high tide, but a slow and steady and strong one!

happy day to you!