"Story Lady"

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wisdom Keeper? Inspiration Sharer?


Our congregation invited Rabbi Rami Shapiro to spend the weekend. It was our "Spiritual Enrichment Weekend" and he was our "Scholar in Residence." I got to attend a little more than half of the time.

I suppose my favorite part is, that it was a perfect match for our congregation. I'm beginning to think we are unique. Who knew???? I should have guessed, if I'm comfortable, feel at home, then this place MUST be special. Rabbi Rami continued to say, "I've visited with your Rabbis and I wonder, 'why am I here?'" I guess because with us, he found people in agreement, instead of a good, argumentative conversation, hm??

Carol, I know you'll like this. Because I came away knowing I'm in my right place, that I'm growing into mySelf. That, in challenges, I have terrific company AND - if I EVER grow up - I want to be Just Like MySelf.

(yeah, I knew you'd like that . . . )

If you didn't get to spend time with us this weekend, you can read his books, or watch for other opportunities to see him present (he isn't ordinary - nope - not at all) - Or, you could read his blogs. You could google him and find interesting stuff . . .

Well, I'm off to print lyrics - in the morning I sing two services where they post lyrics on the "Big Screen." That's fun. Instead of hiding their beautiful faces behind a bulletin, or a book - looking down and singing into a page - I can see sparkling eyes - hear clear voices -

I can get a good look at the Face of God.

2 comments:

Carol said...

You are right...I do like it! No one does YOU better than YOU! And you are doing a wonderful job at it!

Blessings to you my friend, Carol

Maggid Jim said...

I can feel the sweet energy from here...