"Story Lady"

Monday, November 03, 2008

Oh my fur & whiskers!


It's been a while since I traveled the nation, schlepping CDs, equipment, guitars and stuff - driving long, quiet distances, having conversations with the Divine. The last few years, I've "suddenly understood" something, in the shower. Not so romantic, I suppose, but it must be the "quiet enough" place - where the new idea can "get through." Color me surprised that now I have fun with ideas while traveling by city bus.

Okay, you know me - just color me having fun and leave it at that.

Anyway. Our class has a reading assignment for this week. I didn't like it. i wanted to travel back in history and kick the author in the chins. Part of my distress is that I mis-understood some of it and part was because the entire story wasn't represented and, you guessed it, part of it i STILL don't like, but I don't care that I don't like it anymore.

Because, my wonderful study partner, sent me the "rest of the story."
I found something else in the story that captured my imagination
and it's had me giggling for a couple of hours.

The story is about the time Moses saw the Burning Bush, right????
When Moses figured out Who it was/is talking to him, he "hid his face."
Later, when Moses wanted to see the Face . . . it wasn't so easy, right???

The story I'm reading suggests, if Moses HAD looked the first time -
he would have seen & understood everything.

I hear from people they would be afraid to look, too.

I imagine, "what if?"

It would have been marvelous.
The Face of the ONE who loves us - really LOVES us.

Then, right there in downtown Kirkwood, on my way to the Post Office,
I picture Moses looking up -
and the music video as we see the Look of Joy, Perfection and Limitless Love on his face -
and the sound track (which is what made me laugh)
was a tune from an old group (I think the "Monkeys")

It's called "I'm A Believer"

I thought Love was only true in fairy tales, and for someone else but not for me
Love was out to get me,( da-da-da-da) that's the way it seemed
Disappointment haunted all my dreams

Then I saw "The Face" - Now I'm a believer
Not a trace - Of doubt in my mind
I'm IN LOVE (ooooh, aaah) - I'm a Believer
I couldn't Leave - If I tried

you can even imagine the footage -
Moses being being put in a basket in the river
Moses being told he wasn't an Egyptian
Moses wandering the Desert
Meeting Tziporrah and her Father

Then - seeing The Face . . . .

If he had looked the first time,
would it have been easier to accomplish his mission?
I dunno

the song is still playing out in my imagination

I hope I look - I hope I see - I hope I have the opportunity


No comments: