"Story Lady"

Monday, November 24, 2008

"The Box"

Remember me going on about "the box?" I'm talking about the BBC experiment of adopting a cargo shipping container and following it for a year. My first surprise was how l-o-n-g it takes to get from place to place. It started out in Great Britain (of course) with a load of whiskey to take to China. It finally arrived and unloaded - then it was filled with clothing (it's called 'consumer goods' now, so - maybe there's more than clothes, I don't know.) The container left Shanghai on November 18th - and, right now, as i type, it's in the Pacific Ocean (looks like somewhere I WOULDN'T want to be - way past Japan - headed towards the California side of the United States.
I'm thinking of the crew members on board. Where will they be? Do they celebrate Holidays this week? Do they miss their families? Will they be warm enough?

I'm enjoying the Box Project - But, I find myself caring about all the people.

Beautiful Monday Everyone!
g

No comments: