"Story Lady"

Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's been suggested

That we are losing things far more dear than a dollar.
Here's a photo of an Iberian Lynx.
It doesn't have anywhere to live any longer.
We took it's homeland without asking, or caring.

Here's a picture of the rain forest.
We are losing way more dollars there than in the "global economy."

(Global Economy - How can than mean only dollars?)

What about us???
Don't we need the oxygen the forest produces?
(Just one of the VITAL things we are "spending"
or throwing away just because we can. )
Plenty of us who have been here long enough to have silvery hair know
society has changed so much that manners are simply a thing of the past.
It's cute and archaic to look out for neighbors.

We have become separate, like a rip in the fabric of a favorite garment.
Even with all the dollars in the world, once something precious is wiped out it's gone
forever.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if we started to cherish what's been given to us -
we'd find ourselves wealthy beyond imagining.
Maybe then things would start to come around right.

This lady wishes she could take her guitar down off the wall and go back to work.
This lady believes the Heart of the World yearns to sing again.

Perhaps if we hum a tune, and tell beautiful holy stories,
the Heart of the World will feel a little better.

Perhaps we will learn to encourage one another,
carry a little extra hope around to share with others -
perhaps this is our opportunity to heal the world.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I added my facebook card to my blog. I hardly know anyone on Facebook which surprises me. So glad you are on there, I love the superpokes. Hey, please do me a favor and say a prayer for me tomorrow as I am beginning a new job, new company. I would greatly appreciate it! Love ya, Carol