"Story Lady"

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bonhoeffer

I've just finished watching a documentary called (and about) Bonhoeffer.
There are so many things in this world I don't know, don't understand. This film explains some - (now I'm sorry i know about them . . ) - There is a page sitting in front of me full of notes, but after a while I was simply stunned. Have you seen this already?

I'm certainly glad to know there are good (holy, wise, brave) people in the world. I'm certainly stunned to see how few . . . I am beginning to think the number 36 has Truth in it. Yikers.


This morning before work i finally saw some of the footage and reports from Texas.
It's hard to know what to say, hm? We had a fierce time of it today - and what we saw was just a tiny shadow of what Galveston endured.

Enough goofing off for me. Gotta get some work done here at the desk top - and, get ready to share with my study-buddy this evening . . . (Hurray!)

'bye for now

4 comments:

Carol said...

Hi G,

I have not seen Bonhoeffer, I have heard of him, I think this was on PBS at one time. Can you check this out at the library? Carol

Carol said...

Hi G,

I signed on to check the library catalog, they had the documentary ‘Bonhoeffer – Agent of Grace’ in VHS and the year that movie came out was 1999. I requested a copy and it said ‘in library’ so I should hear from the library as to when I can pick it up this week. I signed onto my NetFlix account and requested the movie “Bonhoeffer’, for my next movie to receive. I just mailed a movie to Netflix today so I should have Bonhoeffer by this Wednesday. Honestly, I will not have an opportunity to watch them until the weekend; I will certainly get back with you when finished viewing and we can share. I am very intrigued.

Love and blessings, Carol

Carol said...

I picked up ‘Bonhoeffer – Agent of Grace’ from the Library last evening (it arrived quickly). However, I did not change my NetFlix in time and a different movie shipped to me and arrived yesterday. I will view ‘Agent of Grace’ this weekend and Bonhoeffer sometime next weekend. Have a good day! Carol

Carol said...

Hi G,

I am going to watch Bonhoeffer – Agent of Grace this afternoon. I didn’t mention this but when I checked the tape out from the library the women laid the VHS on the counter and on the cover of the VHS there was a swastika the size of a half dollar. My heart sank and it deeply saddened me. I have a general idea about what I am about to see, I just did not expect to see that horrible symbol on the cover of the tape and I just felt awful.

Chat later, Carol
9/20/08