"Story Lady"

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You can't help someone get up a hill without getting closer to the top yourself.
-- H. Norman Schwarzkopf


I was taught, early on, that it is imperative to help others - those who feel "lost," (even though we all live on this spinning orb and can't be or get "lost" there are times we certainly feel that way) and those with a sense of purpose or have a goal to reach. In the last some years I wondered how it could be that i put my "plans" on hold to help another person, only to find they maneuvered on the "drowning man" theory of living. Yikers! It would seem everything - life as I knew it - was destroyed. So, the goal, of lesson, for me would be to remember my teaching, right? Nothing CREATED can possibly be destroyed AND "Divine Providence down to the details."

It's a good thing to contemplate right now, since we are exploring this very topic at our next "Evening Lights." I have come to believe there's a better, higher plan going on. If MY plans had continued on as they were, I would not be enjoying the learning I am now embarked upon (isn't THAT fancy language for, I wouldn't have tried anything else and would have lived out my days like a kindergartner of life experience, instead to grabbing hold of all I could be . . . giggle)

So, I send a warning, red alert, helping others will have consequences and, whether or not we understand it, it will all be GOOD.

No comments: