"Story Lady"

Monday, May 12, 2008

If one speaks or acts with a cruel mind, misery follows, as the cart follows the horse... If one speaks or acts with a pure mind, happiness follows, as a shadow follows its source.
-- the Dhammapada



Ay-Yi-Yi. The first thing is that there are so many Huge Issues in the world - that it's clear my only correct response is prayer and thanksgiving. Students in God's Care in China because of a huge earthquake, Winds causing damage, Tornadoes taking people, Cyclone causing anguish and aid workers still begging that government for permission to come give needed help - all of this makes my small issue - minuscule. Maybe, not speaking at all will bring that promised shadow and following shadow - what do you think?

I am slightly confused by people thinking that - if they are hires - they may define the position and do/act as they please . . . . confusing . . . odd . . . I'm thinking of of Tom Morgan and the poem he sent me before leaving forever . . . "I'll keep on loving, and I'll smile, and move along."

Yes!
Continue to Love
Smile
Move Along.

No comments: