"Story Lady"

Friday, March 28, 2008

Good Morning!
It's raining, raining, raining. To me, this is a very good thing. I enjoy inclement weather. I have long realized I'm a little out of step from the norm but recently it's been necessary to temper my joy because we've had so much rain the region is flooded. Not the Noah kind of flood, but enough to ruin millions of dollars worth of property. Most people seem to not have flood insurance. I can understand that because, first, insurance seemed like betting against yourself, and second, dollars - when you live in a flood plain, flood insurance will cost a lot. Let's face it, here in the Midwest, surrounded on all sides by major rivers and a few tributaries, this is a flood prone piece of geography. The local news gives information about insurance, and about clean up. I'm sure that helps. The media does point out to people, if they get insurance today, it does not kick in for thirty days so, as it continues to pour this week and next, their new insurance will be no recourse this round of high water.

Still and all, I love the rain.

It's Friday. Today I get to do chores. So, I better grab my list and some galoshes and off i go.
Hi-De-Ho to you all!

No comments: