1. To help yourself give other people the benefit of the doubt, think of rationalizations that might help, just as if you were making excuses for yourself
2. Praying for others when they are sick is a fine thing, but why not go further by praying for those with other problems such as financial or relationship issues?
3. When visiting friend you haven't seen in awhile, say the Shecheyanu prayer to thank God for the privilege;
4. If someone is getting on your nerves, think of ways in which they might be superior to you;
5. Chant "Do not be easily angered" (al tehi noach lekos) to calm yourself down if you feel yourself getting angry.
I just "Had" to share it with you. I'd like to put this into practise . . . .
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Saturday, May 05, 2007
I LOVE this comic strip (Rose is Rose.) Do you ever read it?
Happy May! I noticed I haven't been back in a while. I have been enjoying the birds in the yard. Yesterday i saw a "blue Bunting' for the first time. It appears he is going to be a regular now. And a grosbeak - which looks as though he has a "Sacred Heart" painted on his chest (kinda amazing, really.) I am taking the class I told you about. There ended up being four students and the teacher (thankfully) decided we were enough to make it almost worth his while to teach. (No, he didn't decide even if I was the only one - cute as I am - he would teach anyway. if there aren't enough . . . well . . . whatever.) The teacher has mentioned he offers a two year course - I am so excited about this. I hope it all works out for me to be a student. (At least my "hope-er" is functioning again - there was a short - sad - period when I couldn't find any . . . hope, that is.) Well, I'll go for now. I'd love to hear from you. How's May treating you so far? Here it's rain - reminding me of places I've been - that I love . . .