"Story Lady"

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sadhu Sundar Singh (1889-1929?)

"A woman hid herself behind some thick trees in her garden
and her little son came out in search of her, crying as he walked.
He searched the whole garden but found no clue of her anywhere.
The servant said to him:'O, son why are you crying?
Quit pursuing your mother! See how sweet are the mangos of this tree . . .
I'll pick some and bring them right now.'
The child said,
'No,no. I want my mother.
My beloved mother is sweeter than those mangos by far . . .
Actually, this garden and all its fruits and flowers are mine,
since whatever belongs to my mother also belongs to me.
I want only my mother.'
The mother who was sitting in the bushes and listening to all this
immediately got up and grasped her child to her breast
and began to kiss him.
That garden became a paradise for the boy."



No comments: