"Story Lady"

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Divine Order . . . .

I have my mind on the "Exodus" story. I have been wondering how Moses convinced all those frightened and grumbling folk to go off with him in the first place. i wonder if there is a tradition that talks about that issue? Then, I'm beginning to think about myself. See, these people didn't have to go to the shoe store or the mall. The clothes "grew" on their backs - I always hoped that meant they were refreshed and not that some fungus came through lack of hygiene . . . (well, one does think of these things.) They were all healthy, they had cloud cover to protect them by day and a flame to guide and guard them at night. they didn't seem to "get it," did they? They continued to complain - in fact, they continued to complain to Moses, instead of talking directly to God - which seems to be what HE (God) was asking . . . . things didn't end up as well as one could hope for those folk.

Okay, here I am - thinking God is Always God - I'm provided for - I don't need for a single thing. I suspect He (God) hopes I will come directly to Him and not look to anyone or anything else for my answers. I've got starts and a moon and a sun and clouds. I don't see a pillar of flame at the front door - but then, the sun is up - God is the same, yesterday, today forever . . . is there hope that i could be more original - and not grumble about circumstances, but ask & receive?

Good Question.

"Thus says the Lord,
who gives the sun for light by day
and the fixed order of the moon and the stars
for light by night,
who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar--
the Lord of hosts is his name."
--Jeremiah 31:35

No comments: