"Story Lady"

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Keep It Tuned

I am working on an article that's been swimming about in my noodle for a long while. There are scholars who have come to believe the stories we tell about Saint Nicholas are unfounded. If they happened at all, they say, it happened through a collection of men named Nicholas. The thing is, he has inspired so much, I don't think it matters what is "real" or not about the story. I think contemplating the story all these years has brought about many marvelous qualities in mankind. I'm still working on the idea -


I've just started reading "Al Capone Does My Shirts." It is highly acclaimed. I hope I enjoy it. Have you read it already? What did you think? Will I want to share this with my friends? I certainly do miss working in the book store. Who would have ever guess that was such a good fit for me?

The last snippet I want to share is from a class that ended a week ago. We learned handy things about stress. The truth is, if I'd had better skills in that arena, I would still be at the book store. Better yet, If I'd handled stress well, I'd be on a major label now - Oh well, I am so happy with my life the way it's turned out, it no longer matters what or how I did before. Anyway, one of the many things we considered is how stress is natural. Since I played guitar for so many years, I obviously remember that every string needed to be precisely stretched for the instrument to be in tune. Remember Mz E saying to "keep in tuned?" Golly, I like what I've learned from and about Mz. E. I know the path I'm on now will bless a lot of people, especially me . . . .

Keep It Tuned

No comments: