Monday, April 11, 2016

Thank You!

THANK YOU
Thanks to everyone who kept a good thought for my project Saturday.
It was such an adventure.
I was given the opportunity to have "my" kids
give a presentation - it was a bit high profile
but, I figured this was a good challenge
Besides, the school had just spent a small fortune sending me to a conference
 i wanted to give back

Then, like those stories we read - where the seeming impossible is asked 
and achieved
during a quest

I picked the most likely class
we added a little extra study to our curriculum
so, we'd understand what we were talking about
THEN
their schedule changed
Spring Break arrived
and when they returned, the school scheduled a special meeting
 that kept them from attending class.
I never saw those students again

I'd already written the text
super lively and way fun
 one week before, i asked students in a younger class for help
Their eyes sparkled, they couldn't believe they were being asked
 I also told the truth, asking for help from one of my older classes.
They ALL Loved the project.
Saturday morning, when it was time, I stood on the stage and asked
"Who is helping me this morning?"
An entire lineup of tall and short young people lined up on the stage.
We started and finished like seasoned pros
It was the high point of the morning
The adult presenters couldn't keep themselves from bragging about our school
It was a Stellar Success
Thank You for ALL YOUR Help!
love & love,
-g-

6 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Isn't amazing when it all comes together!

TexWisGirl said...

really awesome. sounds like your 'second string' hit a home run. :)

Tom said...

such great news

Monkeywrangler said...

Excellent!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love second strings!

Lynn said...

bravo and so happy it all went well!! wish I could have been there too...