Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday Treasures!

It's possible you've already seen the shelves at Subterranean Books
because i don't get there until Tuesday Morning
BUT, if you haven't been this week
you might want to adventure to the Loop
BECAUSE
the shelves are positively packed with treasure.
(this morning those shelves looked to be overflowing with fantastic reads.)

As always, we gathered upstairs on the story time dinosaur quilt
and tried out three great books.
Here's two of them:

Hippopposites
if you visit the author/graphic artist's site, you should see a translation link on top of the page,
and, if you are looking for a total cool book for a tiny person, this board book is a winner.
the smallest in the room giggled her way thought this story, and, when it was time to feel the pictures, everyone agreed it was magic.  I had a challenge pronouncing the title, but, every child KNEW some version of the Hippo word . . and helped me . . . excellent board book.

Be A Friend
This is a picture book
I really enjoyed it, and all of us tried a bit of mime 
I'm not going to tell you about it myself,
I'm going to give you the YouTube Trailer:
lots to like about this story

love & love,
your story lady

Subterranean Books
 6275 Delmar, In the Loop, 63130 
Tuesday Mornings - 10:30 - 11:00 AM
(except Tuesday, February 16th)


6 comments:

Cloudia said...

Sweet!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those sound great for the little ones!

Linda said...

Very nice! :)

Crystal Collier said...

Cute books!

DeniseinVA said...

Very nice books. Thanks for sharing.

Inger said...

Something changed here, didn't it? I signed up to follow this blog because I haven't been here before. I like the hippos.