Friday, July 10, 2015

Good Morning . . .

1.  Years ago i was in this region on the 4th of July.  
The small town parade i saw was delightful, but the weather?   
Memorably Uncomfortable. 
 i still recall the searing, heavy, humid heat of that day -
 it was even challenging to breathe . . 
this week?
 rain gear and sweat shirts are a common sight - it's cool
 (in the 60's) 
overcast
with lots of rain
what a remarkable difference.


2.  Peaches are in season . . and wowzer, they are good. 


3.  I took yesterday off . . . now i feel rested and ready to go.  (yippeee!)

4.  This lady stands in the yard of a picturesque church within walking distance of the  Market/Cafe  I'd traveled to Illinois to visit.  I poked my camera through the fence to get this remembrance of her.  It was early in the morning and no one was about - 

she was there to offer a welcome.


5.  Wishing all of you a terrific week end.
love & love,
-g-



3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow, that sounds very cool for this time of year!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Poking your camera through the fence. I like that. I'll think of that trick the next time I want a photo outside a fence. :-)

Marie C said...

Great Five! LOVE those peaches...the photo made my mouth water. I haven't had one yet this year!