Friday, June 12, 2015

Time for Five -

1.  I have been taking some classes.
I double back to check out things suggested.
This booklet came up a few times as an award winning piece of copy-writing
so i read it and, wowzer, I was impressed.
It is a sales tool for an online service.
  Even though the information is twenty-ish years old,
the work is impactful, the premise is easy to follow and understand
and, yep, it's super tempting to believe that online service is a must.

2.  My Thursday Adventure last week was to the 
Soldier's Memorial Military Museum
On the way there i started to feel rather cheeky,
thinking i would be able to understand and share about such an important place/topic/subject.
still, it's better to do what one can
who knows?  
perhaps I'll improve.
(if you click on the photo -you'll find my attempt)

3.  We have a walk of fame.  i see the sidewalk stars every Tuesday Morning on my way to story time in University City (which is a suburb of St. Louis.)  Perhaps I'll begin to research some of these people . . . I bet a lot of them will be exciting to learn about.  hmmmm.

4.  

5.  Monday evening i get to attend a class about newest training techniques and best practices.  I used to train - it was last century and people thought i was koo-koo-banana-brains for using praise, instead of intimidation.  Finally, trainers are using positive reinforcement instead of fear tactics and rough treatment.  There is some real science behind it.  I intend to learn some new things, and share them with Baby Mia.  i wonder if I'll decide to "get back in to it."  We'll see.  One step at a time, hm?

Happy Five Day!
-g-

8 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I love that you are taking classes. I always enjoy learning new things.

TexWisGirl said...

you never sit still - and you don't let your brain sit still, either. :)

Latane Barton said...

I had a hard time finding you in that picture with the HUGE statues.
Knowledge is always a good thing so your classes will make you a better person all the way around.

Marie C said...

I really enjoyed your post about the Soldier's Museum. Thought you did a great job! Positive reinforcement has been around since Pavlov's dog, though negative was always used in conjunction in the early days. I am glad much more of the positive is at the forefront. Interesting post!

Mascha said...

Creating myself. Hmm. - - -
I could not all translate and understand, must still learn more English (wish, I could take lessons here in this little town - )
Thanks for your visit and comment :-)
Wish, you would see the other post, what I made today
http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2015/06/a-thousand-lifetimes.html
Have a nice weekend

Ida said...

It's always good to learn new things and improve one's self whenever possible. I think your picture from the museum was neat.
Positive thoughts are so much better than harsh ones.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I've come back from your other blog. I enjoyed tripping around St. Louis with you, thank you very much. :-)

Tanya Breese said...

you are always up to something haha and i am laughing at "koo-koo banana brains" that is funny! i hope you enjoyed your class and are having a great week! thank you for linking!