Tuesday, January 07, 2014

I have never been offered an ear of Indian Corn to eat . . have you?

Oooh, this watercolor was mean to me
I finally got out some acrylic and a uni-ball pen
to "finish up."

I declare it my first 2014 art endeavor
from the looks of it
it's all up from here, hm?

giggle,
what are you up to?

Really, is there a reason we see this colorful stuff
but, not in our traditional dishes - to eat?

hey!  Story Time has been canceled tomorrow morning
because it's still too icy.
I bet school will be open, though.

It's gonna snow - 
BUT, it might reach 30 degrees - 
which will feel like a balmy day - after the 15 below yesterday.
(They tell us the "wind chill factor" was a mighty low number.
All i know - it was cold.  'nuff said.)

2014 - we are off and running!!!

Sending you love & love,
-g-

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like your corn cob! and i don't know if it's edible. :)

Monkeywrangler said...

I like your watercolor!

Do try to stay warm and safe from the cold. It's almost been single-digits (not counting wind chill) here in DFW even! I bet is is brutally cold wherever you are at, Maggid.

Sowing Stitches said...

Love your corn, I can feel it's nubbly texture just by viewing! Now your cold, that's another story...our 5* is far to cold for me I prefer a more tropical environment. :) Dreaming of cool gentle ocean breeze and warm sunshine. Stay warm!

Sowing Stitches said...

Love your corn, I can feel it's nubbly texture just by viewing! Now your cold, that's another story...our 5* is far to cold for me I prefer a more tropical environment. :) Dreaming of cool gentle ocean breeze and warm sunshine. Stay warm!

Bhavya said...

Why don't you come over here and spend some days of the winter here. Its warmer here :)

Lynn said...

love this
painting and now I need to find out what a uni-ball pen is :-) there is always something to learn, your imagination dances to your fingertips...