Thursday, August 26, 2004

No Travel Log Today

We were scheduled to drive to Dallas. Well, life got easier. We've discovered we are not able to travel much beyond the city limits. If I stay calm, I can see the benefits in this. I have to admit it's weird. I mean, I've driven all over the nation, schlepping guitar, P.A., CD's and a border collie for years. Don't I come from a family that piles into the best possible form of transportation to get to the next "gig?" Oh well, times change. The beloved border collie waits for me in Spirit. My hands don't want to play guitar and my musical partner and I have a "melt down" when anything challenging turns up. I must call upon all my creative reserve to find another way to make a living. It can be done. Okay, the good thing is, since we record in a couple of weeks, we can get all our material ready for the studio. My goal here is new product for the holidays. Certainly it can be accomplished if we don't pile in a van and stress one another by traveling beyond the known world.

I wonder what it felt like to be Lief Erickson?

No comments: